Cement additives for enhancement of slump and workability
Formerly: Cementium 4000 SW
What is MasterCem SW 4000?MasterCem SW 4000 is a liquid, ready-to-use cement additive designed to enhance cement performance. In addition to acting as a grinding aids in the milling process and a flow aid in
cement conveyance, MasterCem SW 4000 improve specific cement properties by the activity of their chemical components. These act in the modification of clinker characteristics and in the enhancement of its hydraulic properties.MasterCem SW 4000 series are specifically designed to increase slump and workability in mortar and concrete. Typical slump improvement is +10-50% vs. plain control. However, product performance is dependent on grinding equipment characteristics, process conditions, raw material properties and cement type. To best benefit from cement additives, mill and separator process parameters may need to be adapted.
MasterCem SW 4000 improve the flow characteristics of cement with positive impact on cement conveyance and reduction of pack-set in storage silos.
What are the fields of application of MasterCem SW 4000?MasterCem SW 4000 products are developed for application in the cement grinding process in:
- Ball mills (closed and open circuits)
- Vertical mills
- Other cement grinding systems
What are the benefits of MasterCem SW 4000?MasterCem SW 4000 products offer the following benefits to cement production:
- Product differentiation and fulfillment of applications requirements through slump and workability improvement in mortar and concrete. Concrete produced with cement treated with MasterCem SW 4000 shows enhanced rheological properties leading to better handling, easier pumping, and faster placing in formworks.
- Cost reduction due to lower unit grinding energy (kWh/t) and optimization of cement fineness and composition while maintaining cement properties.
- Capacity extension due to higher mill throughput and optimized cement recipe.
- Improved cement handling due to faster cement conveyance through the plant and in the distribution logistics. Reduction of plant stops and optimized storage in silos.